Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Santa Barbara DIY Wedding

I thought I'd share some of my favorite moments and details from my wedding in August.  I have to say it was probably one of the crowning moments of my moms crafting career.  I adored the cake she made which was thrown together in between putting together floral arrangements for the tables and attending the rehersal dinner.  

My bridal party flowers were the work of our family friend Lenie Trent who went with me to the flower mart a few days before the wedding where we discovered pink ginger (which I think totally makes the bouquet's) and then arranged them the day before.  Since of course I had to have bouganvilla boutonniere's, she picked the flowers off a bush on the side of the road while driving to the wedding. 

And those piñata's?  Made by my aunt and cousins and designed to match Ryan and I.













The red shoes which were a central element in the look of the wedding were a little hard for everyone to find, especially for me and the flower girls.  We ended up buying white salt water sandals for the girls and dying them red and had my shoes dyed as well, (which were actually my something borrowed as they were originally worn by my mom at her wedding in 1985!)












































No comments:

Post a Comment